Friday, May 26, 2017

This I believe speech

                                  “I Believe in Basketball Being More Than Just a Game”
                                                                  By Jose Carreto

I believe in basketball being more than just a game, everyone who has a passion for basketball knows it's more than just a sport and more than a hobby. All types of people enjoy the game because how it makes them feel and the joy associated with the game. Bleeding, sweating, and getting hurt are just the little things that someone learns while playing the game. The qualities and lessons learned while on the court have helped me understand many individuals and their struggles.

I believe that basketball is more about teamwork. It doesn’t matter who is on the team. Their height, age, race, gender, size and skills don’t matter as long as the individual knows how to play together as a team. A good team is one who actually respects their members on the team and possess the motivation to go all the way. These teams have been known to become amazing teams.

I believe that basketball is about learning who a person really is. One game of basketball can tell you more about a person than anyone can imagine. Bonding becomes a huge part of basketball and you can see the affection they have. Just one game of basketball can tell me about a person’s life. As a pickup game goes on, I learn many things about that individual and choices they make in life. Bonding can help teams who play basketball and can give those with less hope proof that basketball is more than a game.

I believe basketball is a get away from the difficult things in life. Anytime I feel stressed or need to get away, I turn to basketball. Basketball helps me believe in myself and I can take my mind off anything while I’m playing. All you have on the basketball court is yourself and your team nothing else is needed. For hours your mind isn’t focused on anything other than having fun and enjoying the game. Basketball can solve difficulties and problems between people It is a game of skill. I believe basketball can help others get along better, get a better understanding of each other and get through life understanding that together we can make things happen. Basketball is far more than just a game.

No comments:

Post a Comment